CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2017/2018
Applications for AY 2017/2018 are now open. Click on the following link to download the call for applications:
Deadline for submitting the complete application package:
23:59 CET 5th March 2017
About the scholarship program
Stipendium Hungaricum is a scholarship program for foreign students, founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013. The program aims to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries.
The program offers:
· no tuition fee
· monthly stipend:
· in case of non-degree, BA/BSc, MA/MSc and one-tier master level programs: HUF 40,460 /month (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
· in case of doctoral programs: HUF 140,000 /month (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters), for 12 months a year, until completion of studies
· dormitory place or additional contribution to accomodation costs: HUF 40,000 (EUR 130)
· health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
SIGN UP for our WEBINAR to learn more about the scholarship and our degree programs!
Submission of your application: until 5 March 2017.
You need to submit your application to Tempus Public Foundation and to the responsible authority of the Sending Partner of your country.
First round: nomination: 9 April 2017
arranged between Tempus Public Foundation and the responsible authorities
Second round: institutional evaluation: April-June 2017
arranged at ELTE (for applicants who have selected study programs at ELTE)
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of foreign students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students; currently almost 50 sending partners are engaged in the programme.
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. In the academic year 2016/2017 approximately 3000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
The Program is managed by Tempus Public Foundation.
Tempus Public Foundation.
Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) is a non-profit organization established in 1996 by the Hungarian Government, with the task of managing international cooperation programmes and special projects in the field of education, training and EU-related issues.
TPF aims at
- supporting initiatives aiming at the modernization and quality improvement of education, training and human resources development,
- encouraging international cooperation and mobility,
- strengthening the European dimension in these fields.
Management of scholarship and cooperation programmes
- Promoting the programmes
- Assistance and consultancy services
- Active role in partnership building
- Financial management
- Dissemination and valorisation
- Provision of structured information on education and training policies
- Initiatives for improving mobility and other internationalization measures
- EU2020 related projects
- Thematic conferences and publications
- Joint actions with partner organizations
- Training courses
TPF is intensively involved in international activities, in order to encourage foreign institutions to cooperate with Hungarian partners on the one hand, and to make known the achievements at European level on the other.
International activities include:
- help in partner search,
- a guide for international students, teachers and researchers (available on-line at www.studyinhungary.hu),
- taking part in international projects and bilateral cooperation as partner or coordinator,
- active role in dissemination projects funded by the European Commission,
- active participation in the implementation of the Lisbon Strategy.
For more information, please consult the website of the Tempus Public Foundation http://www.tka.hu/international-programmes/2966/stipendium-hungaricum
|| • ||
|| • ||Last mod. date: