Information on COVID-19
Changes in restrictions (from 3 July 2021)
- changes in bold
- no curfew further on
- using a mask is not obligatory anymore BUT: using a mask is still obligatory inside hospitals and all health institutions + social institutions
- shops can be open as they wish
- all leisure facilities like cinemas, theatres, and zoos can be visited without a vaccination certificate
- restaurants, cafés, hotels, accommodations are available without a vaccination certificate
- private events can be held up to 100 people
- outdoor events with less than 500 people are available without a vaccination certificate
- gyms, indoor sport facilities are open only for people with vaccination certificate
- indoor events still require vaccination certificate
- ELTE operates with digital education until the end of 2020/21/2
- border checks are still on
- Changes of entry regulations to Hungary
- Information for students staying in quarantine
- Health care during the pandemic
COVID-19: ENTRY REGULATIONS TO HUNGARY
COVID-19 PCR test request for ELTE students
Before you file a PCR test request, please read the following information carefully.
If you are a Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holder, you are entitled to having two free PCR tests during the entire academic year. If you are a participant of another mobility program (e.g. Erasmus+, CEEPUS etc.) or self-finance your studies in Hungary, you have to cover the costs of the test (19.500 HUF) yourself. We strongly advise you to check if your health insurance makes you eligible to have your expenses refunded by your insurance company.
The tests are taken at Semmelweis University. You will receive all the necessary details and instructions regarding the procedure in an e-mail nofitying you of the date and time of the test.
Please note that if you miss your appointment, Semmelweis University will charge you with the cost of the service regardless (equaling the cost of the test, 19.500 HUF) which ELTE cannot reimburse, even in the case of Stipendium Hungaricum students.
Please make sure to give us a valid phone number and an e-mail address you frequently check.In order to request a COVID-19 PCR test please fill this data form.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS STAYING IN QUARANTINE
HEALTH CARE DURING THE PANDEMIC
How to get to doctor/hospital?
- call the ambulance 112 - please inform them, if you have a positive test, or if you have COVID-like symptoms https://www.mentok.hu/en/main-page-en/
- or go directly to the emergency department of a hospital (e.g. https://semmelweis.hu/surgosseg/en/)
Please be sure that you have a valid insurance!
How to get a valid insurance?
- for Stipendium Hungaricum students UNIQA is free of charge
- for self financed students Generali is available
EU citizens – „blue card”
- https://www.blesz.hu/en/ (5th district, English speaking)
- https://jek.hu/kapcsolat/ (8th district, Tel: +3617904600)
What will happen, if I have a positive test?
- stay in quarantine!
- report it obligatorily to the Epidemiological Operative Coordinating Body (JOKT) at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- inform your international coordinator at the Department of International Affairs
- inform your instructor that you cannot participate your on campus courses (your absence will be accepted)
If you have been in contact with anyone with a proven case of infection, report this to the Dean’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.