Welcome to our new students
Welcome Ceremony & Orientation and other useful information
Eötvös Loránd University intends to start the academic year of 2022/23 with personal attendance. Please follow the updated page ELTE INFORMATION ON COVID regularly. The ELTE Epidemiological Operative Coordinating Body (JOKT) summarizes all the new obligations and calls that concern University Citizens in connection with the preparation of the Academic Year 2022/23.
We strongly recommend for all University Citizens to take the opportunity to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In the 2022/23 academic year, not being vaccinated will not be accepted as a reason to be exempted from the general regulations requiring in person presence during studies.
Orientation week '22
The Orientation week is organized for new international students at ELTE Faculty of Humanities at the beginning of each academic semester.
- Time: 6-9 September 2022
- Location: Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Humanities, Trefort Garden, Budapest, Múzeum krt. 4, 6-8
- For Erasmus and other exchange students: please find the recorded online pre-orientation here
- For full-time BA, MA students, Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders and guest students (ZJCM, SISU, BFSU, Hankuk): please find the recorded online pre-orientation here + PPT with links
Useful to read
Contact us! Your coordinators at the Department of International Affairs
Tuesday: no office hours
Thursday: no office hours
For Erasmus students
If you are going to have your Erasmus semester(s) with us, you can find further specific Erasmus info on the following page:
Information about the enrolment process (Only for full time BA/MA students)
All Freshmen must go through the registration & enrolment process, this will be the first administrative step of your student life at ELTE. The registration & enrolment happens in person by showing all necessary documents.
Registration & enrolment in person consists of 3 steps
- electronic enrolment in the Neptun system (done by the student before arrival)
- registration (in person) at your international coordinator at the Department of International Affairs (only with booked appointment, see the next section)
- enrolment (in person) at the Office of Educational Affairs (you can go there after registering at the Dept. of International Affairs)
Please book your appointment for 7-9 September, until 1 September.
Happens via our “Kronosz” client booking system. You can enter Kronosz with your ELTE account OR Neptun code and password at kronosz.elte.hu.
- Click on “Booking”.
- Choose which office you would like to book to (Department of Interanational Affairs).
- Choose the Other/Choose coordinator only or the Enrolment option.
- Choose your administrative coordinator (Mr Rezső JARMALOV - Stipendium Hungaricum or Ms Katalin SZABÓ - self-paying students.
- Choose an appointment date and time that is suitable for you offered by the system.
- Letter of Acceptance received from ELTE
- your original certificate of matriculation (graduation certificate from high school studies)
- If you will be an MA student: your BA degree certificate
- your Hungarian address (zip code, city, name of the street, floor, apartment number)
- your mobile phone number in Hungary
- student visa page
- 2 passport photos (colour) – Write your full name at the back with capital letters
- Confirmation of Payment about having paid your tuition fee
- Your language certificate
- Enrolment sheet printed and signed from Neptun study system
For Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship holders also:
tax card (if you already have one)
TAJ card (if you already have one)
Hungarian bank account number (if you already have one)
How to print the Enrolment sheet from Neptun?
- Log in to Neptun.
- Entering the Neptun System, in the upper corner on the left side, please, click on “Training” and choose your programme from the list.
- Click on “Information”, then on “General forms”.
- Next to the document called Enrolment sheet, click on the sign “+” and choose the option “Print”.
- Sign the document.
- Pack this document together with all other documents necessary for the registration (enrolment).
Do you need a student mentor?
Information regarding COVID, vaccination, immunity certificate, quarantine, etc.
- All important information on COVID-19 at Faculty of Humanities
- ELTE Information on COVID
- Information on general rules of border crossing
- Information on Vaccination and Immunity Certificates against COVID-19
PCR testing at Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport: https://www.bud.hu/en/testing_center
Recommended PCR testing in Budapest: https://www.synlab.hu/booking/locations
Presentations of the Orientation Week 2022/23/1
|Presentation for Erasmus and other exchange students||LINK|
|Presentation for self paying guest students||LINK|
|Presentation for English Foundation students||LINK|
|Introduction of the School of English and American Studies||LINK|